- 4 - 12 ounce bottles amber beer (preferably flat)
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 (about 2 pounds each) whole Dungeness crabs
In a large covered stockpot, bring the beer, sugar, seafood seasoning, vinegar, and spices to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the crabs and stir well. Cover and steam 5-7 minutes, stirring well a few times. Remove crabs and serve hot, sprinkled with a little extra seafood seasoning, if desired.