- 1 can best quality water-packed white tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, whites coarsely chopped, and yolks set aside
- 1 tablespoon capers, coarsely chopped
- Small handful thinly sliced red onions
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 cups mixed greens, well washed and spun dry
Drain tuna; place in a medium bowl. Separate tuna into large chunks with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, egg yolks. Mix together, smashing the egg yolks into the mixture. Add the capers, onions, chopped egg whites. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add greens, and toss to combine.
Line serving plates with greens. Cut avocado in half lengthwise. Peel the avocados, then remove and discard pits. Place an avocado half on each plate. Fill hollow with a scoop of tuna salad. Serve immediately.
I chose not to use celery in this salad, but if you'd like to add it in, chop one celery rib and add to the mixture when you add in the capers and onions.